20 February 2011

thai cuisine restaurant

Darling boyfriend and I tried the only authentic Asian restaurant serving sushi in Simpsonville. There are a few Mexican places, an awful pretend sushi chain called Fu of Kyoto, a hibachi place and every fast food restaurant you can imagine. There is a Chinese/Japanese takeaway (I never understand the "we serve this/that" type of restaurant) that we go to if we're hungry, tired and it's late. The Chinese/Japanese? family are friendly and the food is decent for pretend Chinese. Therefore, I was beyond thrilled when we stumbled upon a Thai restaurant in downtown Simpsonville. I was a little wary at first because the neon sign out front simply says 'Thai', so on our first trip I told darling to drive by and I would jump out and peek inside to see if it was up to par. It was, and I felt like an idiot sticking my head in, back out again to tell darling to come in and then making our grand entrance.

The sushi bar was very small and the lone sushi chef was the first to greet us on our entry. We had a dragon roll for our appetizer. The fish was top quality and the presentation impressive for such a small restaurant. The roll was so packed with tuna and salmon that boyfriend decided to get just one more roll and call that dinner. I ordered a Thai iced tea which was perfect--they can sometimes be sickeningly sweet. It was served in a huge glass and I just barely finished the last of it. Darling's spicy lump crab roll was a bit too salty, yet still a generous portion. I ordered the Pad Thai with tofu. It came out a huge plate of steaming noodles, crispy tofu and crunchy beansprouts and peanuts on top. Needless to say if I hadn't accidentally knocked my takeaway box out of darling's hand on the way up the stairs, I would've had lunch for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment